disappearing inodes on /usr/spool

Jean Marie Diaz ambar at ora.ora.com
Tue Sep 19 01:48:22 AEST 1989

(Maybe this topic belongs in frequently asked questions?)

I know this has been covered numerous times before, but now the
problem is biting me :-)  I have a 386 running Interactive 2.0.2,
which is suffering from disappearing inodes on /usr/spool.
Interactive hasn't been able to help (surprising, considering how
common this problem seems to be...).  So, if someone could MAIL me the
fix (I'm sure that a backup/newfs/restore would work, but I seem to
recall that there was a less time-consuming fix), I will not only be eternally
grateful, but I will also call Interactive and make sure that they are
made aware of the problem and the workaround.

(Unix vendors note:  I'd crawl a thousand miles to get in line for a BSD
port to the 386.)

				AMBAR
ambar at ora.com						uunet!ora!ambar