Tape backup under 386/ix

Admin root at nstar.UUCP
Tue Sep 5 06:14:19 AEST 1989

Has anyone been able to get the Wangtek tape driver supplied
with 386/ix working - and verified their backup via a restore?

I did a backup over a previous backup done under QNX - but then
could not restore the tape.  I then tried to use the format
removable media option from the sysadm menu - and when selecting
the tape option - the the program responded that I should throw
my tape away (this was when using a brand new tape).

My controller is an Everex 2/3 length board installed at irq 5
and 300 - 301 which is supported and works fine using the
Everex tape backup utility.

--
Larry Snyder              uucp:iuvax!ndcheg!ndmath!nstar!larry
The Northern Star Usenet Distribution Site, Notre Dame, IN USA