_UNIX_Today!_ hits a new benchmarking low

John Hood jhood at biar.UUCP
Fri Sep 1 05:27:29 AEST 1989

In article <123997 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM> plocher at sun.UUCP (John Plocher) writes:
>I too was astonished by what seemed to be a blatent ad for Bell Tech
>Unix (BTU) It seemed that the "reviewer" must have had old copies of
>ISC and Microport sitting around and used them for comparison with a
>brand new copy of Bell Tech.

Seems to me that the numbers for the other Unixes come from a
comparative review that I saw some while back in some other magazine.
I suspect that rather than rerun the benchmarks, the author pulled
some old numbers out of a dusty file.  I'm not impressed either.  No
matter how you slice it, the numbers are useless for comparing Bell
Tech's hardware or software against anything else.

  --jh

(bias note:  I'm not too impressed with either Bell Tech or UToday...)
--
John Hood, Biar Games snail: 10 Spruce Lane, Ithaca NY 14850
domain: jhood at biar.uu.net bang: anywhere!uunet!biar!jhood