Mylex SCSI Controller

John Boteler bote at csense.UUCP
Fri Sep 22 22:42:07 AEST 1989

>From article <8191 at megatest.UUCP>, by palowoda at megatest.UUCP (Bob Palowoda):
>
>  Ok who is useing the Mylex DC376 SCSI Controller on a UNIX/XENIX machine.
>  I'm interested to hear what the throughput is. The controller looks
>  to be fairly new. This is what the ad says about it.
>
>  * The card uses the 32bit slot for 32bit IO
>  * Emulates a WD controller (no special boot proms needed)
>  * Software support for DOS, UNIX, Xenix and Nobell
>  * Cache memory on board 1 or 4 meg simm modules.

Whose 32 bit slot? Intel's?  AMI's?  Mylex's new one?  Silicon Valley's?

The emulation is interesting...I assume they mean they emulate
ST-506 interface?

How Nobell of them to support UNIX!

Curious as to how a SCSI host controller can easily perform
cache operations?

--
Bote
Old & Improved path!: uunet!comsea!csense!bote