Mylex motherboards

Witold Paluszynski witold at cs.washington.edu
Thu Sep 21 06:46:30 AEST 1989

What is the current status of the new Mylex motherboard
(the MX, with 128KB cache) as far as running ISC Unix?
I remember having seen some articles indicating that
there are problems with these boards.  What exactly
were the problems?  Any recent success/failure stories?

I only heard (from SysOps, a Mylex-recommended distributor
in California) that SOME of the 25 MHz MX boards fail to
boot 386ix (he didn't know why).  Other MX 25 MHz boards,
all 33 MHz boards and all MSW boards are supposedly free
of this problem.  Neither Mylex nor ISC acknowledges that
any such problems exist.

Witold ...!uw-beaver!uw-june!witold