Mylex SCSI Controller

Bob Palowoda palowoda at fiver.UUCP
Sat Sep 23 15:11:11 AEST 1989

>From article <111006 at nstar.UUCP>, by larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder):
>
> Hi Bob.  I have a friend in Indianapolis who just picked up one of the
> new Mylex 33mhz motherboards with 4 megs and their 32 bit SCSI controller

  I will also have access to one in a week or two. What I need is a good
benchmark to test it out. Does anyone know out in netland if such a
piece of software exsists?

> Does ESIX directly support the 16550A in their ASY drivers?  I wish
> that SCO did.

  If what your asking do they enable the FIFO in thier ASY drivers, no.
I don't think any of the UNIX suppliers or multi-port serial board
suppliers do. Of coarse thier is that asy driver you downloaded that
will enable it. I'm suprised they don't offer it.
I have had too many problems with ESIX's tty drivers.
Actually the problems are nothing but setting up the correct
conditions.

---Bob

--
Bob Palowoda  packbell!indetech!palowoda    *Home of Fiver BBS*  login: bbs
Home {sun|dasiy}!ys2!fiver!palowoda         (415)-623-8809 1200/2400