com2 under 386/ix

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Mon Sep 4 00:38:49 AEST 1989

In article <3064 at amelia.nas.nasa.gov>, izen at amelia.nas.nasa.gov (Steven H. Izen) writes:
> In article <16 at nstar.UUCP> Larry Snyder says
>
> To enable COM2 I added a line to cd /etc/conf/sdevice.d/asy  to make it look
> like the following:
>
> asy     Y       1       7       1       3       2f8     2ff     0       0
> asy     Y       1       7       1       4       3f8     3ff     0       0

Works like a champ. Thanks much.  I didn't find anything about this
in the documentation - but then we all know that the documentation is
excellent!

My next project is to try adding multple com ports (COM3 and COM4).  First
I'll try on IRQ3 and 4 then I'll try placing them on the same IRQ (5).

Thanks..

--
Larry Snyder              uucp:iuvax!ndcheg!ndmath!nstar!larry
The Northern Star Usenet Distribution Site, Notre Dame, IN USA