The Great American X Graphics Card Survey

Jonathan Leech leech at alanine.cs.unc.edu
Fri Sep 1 01:33:37 AEST 1989

In article <1173 at vsi.COM> friedl at vsi.COM (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
>Hi folks,
>
>     Since the Bell Tech BLIT card is likely to be phased out
>soon, I need to find another card on which to run X, and I'd like
>your help.

    I keep thinking about buying a 386 system for home use; the
stumbling block is decently large, reasonably cheap megapel monitors.
No such product seems to exist.  The closest approximation that I can
think of to what I need is an extended resolution VGA card with one of
Seiko or Sony high-res monitors, but 1Kx768 pixels on a 14" screen is
just too tiny.	Does anyone know of a large monochrome monitor for a
reasonable price?
--
    Jon Leech (leech at cs.unc.edu)    __@/
    "Why do you suppose we only feel compelled to chase the ones who run away?"