Xenix vs. Unix?

Larry Snyder root at nstar.UUCP
Fri Sep 8 22:32:51 AEST 1989

In article <8909072155.AA03053 at decwrl.dec.com>, paine at rust.dec.com (Willy Paine) writes:
> is voice phone.  I am told that SCO will refuse to help you unless you
> pay 75 dollars for tech support.

Let ms know if you get private mail on this comment.  SCO does read this
newsgroup since I receive a couple of messages from sco each day both
from the marketing and the development sides as well.

I recently switched from 386/ix back to the latest SCO (2.3.2) and I must
say that 2.3.2 has corrected problems that I had in 2.3.1.  It is still
to early to tell (I've only been running 2.3.2 for about 12 hours) if
everything is working, but the news if flowing on all three modems
and the Wyse terminals are working just fine.

> I find that getting the latest version of drivers are from third party
> or hardware manufacturer NOT from SCO or Interactive because some of
> driver are already out of date.  I had alot of trouble with Wyse
> multi-port board installing in Xenix/386 last year and I found out that
> driver that comes with SCO is for Xenix/AT NOT 386!!!  SCO could not
> keep track of drivers at all so it is better to call 3rd party.  I got
> drivers from Archive Tape and Digiboard for my 386/xi without any cost
> at all.  They are more friendily than either SCO or Interactive.

You do have a valid point - but in most cases the drivers distributed with
SCO will work - and it is easier to ship something that works in
95% of all cases - and advise customers that they should contact the vendor
for the latest driver in case of problems..

Where can one obtain a copy of Magpie?