uugetty woes fixed (was: com2 under 386/ix)

Larry Snyder root at nstar.UUCP
Sat Sep 9 22:26:19 AEST 1989

In article <104 at dumbcat.UUCP>, marc at dumbcat.UUCP (Marco S Hyman) writes:
> It IS possible to run bi-directional ports with uugetty on 386/ix.  But it
> could have been a lot easier with a few helpful hints in the documentation.

That's why I removed ISC on my box - it did not run as advertised.
Brian assured me that a fix for the uugetty problem would be fed-exed to
be this last week - but it never arrived.  The docs are bad - real bad.
Someone mentioned that Xwindow docs are excellent.  Chances are those are
the ones done by O'Reily ?.

I'll try ISC again in a year or so after the product (and documents)
gets cleaned up.   I must admit - the 75% discount is the major reason
I intitially selected ISC - and SCO set me back more but is a solid, stable
proven product.
--
Larry Snyder                                              SCO Xenix 2.3.2 '386
uucp: iuvax!ndcheg!ndmath!nstar!larry                Computone Intelliport AT8