Help! 3C503 not working in Dell 310 with HB TCP/IP

Larry Campbell campbell at redsox.bsw.com
Wed Sep 27 10:43:19 AEST 1989

I have finally identified the problem with my 3C503 cards.  It was caused
by intense stupidity on the part of the luser (that's me).  It turns out
that the 3C503 has its I/O ports at the same address (300H) as the
Wangtek tape controller.

I did check IRQ lines and memory addresses 'til I was blue in the face, but
I never checked the port addresses because, for some reason, I was convinced
that idmkunix and friends would complain about any conflicts.  Well, they
don't.

I've moved the Wangtek's ports down to 288H and the 3C503 is happy now.
--
Larry Campbell                          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
campbell at bsw.com                        120 Fulton Street