16-bit graphics revisited

Mike McNally m5 at lynx.uucp
Sat Sep 16 08:59:02 AEST 1989

Just to bring up the subject of 8 vs. 16-bit interfaces again: on some systems,
the I/O bus interface logic uses different timing for 16-bit and 8-bit boards.
Mylex motherboards, for example, use a bus cycle which is twice as long for
8-bit references than for 16-bit references.  Thus, even if the boards are
the same speed, it's faster (on the Mylex anyway) to use a 16-bit board.

If this point has been raised already, pardon me.

--
Mike McNally                                    Lynx Real-Time Systems
uucp: {voder,athsys}!lynx!m5                    phone: 408 370 2233

            Where equal mind and contest equal, go.