ESDI controller recommendations

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Sat Sep 9 12:31:52 AEST 1989

In article <2296 at infmx.UUCP> aland at infmx.UUCP (alan denney) writes:
>In article <1989Sep4.024559.13279 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:
>>The people here, who read and post to this group, are working with and
>>talking about ISA 80386 machines.  That means AT bus.  Like it or not,
>
>Says who?
>
>Since when is the charter of this group limited to ISA?
>Are you telling us that MCA-based (Micro Channel) machines don't belong
>here?  Remember, ISC is shipping their current 2.0.2 release for MCA
>bus also.  Do you want MCA people kicked out into a separate newsgroup?

No, not at all.  I was referring to ideas of (symmetrical) multiprocessor
monsters which aren't related.  I should have qualified my statement
further.  Of course MCA systems are applicable; they are also 80386 based,
and are a considerable force in the market.

(SCO is shipping their release for the MCA bus too.  There isn't much
difference really, outside of a few low-level hardware interface details).

Now as to my opinion of the _real_ reasons for the MCA bus.... but that's
not relavent here, nor is it likely to bring anything other than heat :-)

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 312 566-8911], Voice: [+1 312 566-8910]