Mylex SCSI Controller

Norman Kohn nvk at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Sun Sep 24 10:30:05 AEST 1989

In article <8191 at megatest.UUCP> palowoda at megatest.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) writes:

> Ok who is useing the Mylex DC376 SCSI Controller on a UNIX/XENIX machine.

I'd be a bit concerned: the board has an on-board cache, and
therefore can upset unix's notions of what order to do disk
writes in.  You might therefore incur a hard-disk inconsistency
unfixable by fsck if the system crashes in between writes.
I'd want to hear that the board had satisfied the driver writer
before I'd be comfortable bringing it up.

--
Norman Kohn   		| ...ddsw1!nvk
Chicago, Il.		| days/ans svc: (312) 650-6840