sendmail problem

Bert Campbell bert at athens.iex.com
Thu Sep 7 00:44:55 AEST 1989

After installing i386 2.0.1 on an AST 386/C and installing the box
onto our local Ethernet using the WD card, I noticed my disk was
thrashing unexpectedly (I'm the only user).  It turned out that
this was caused by someone sending me my first bit of mail.  Further
investigation showed that sending any mail on the system would result
in the mailer going crazy, sending the same file repeatedly until
I disabled it the only way I could get to work, namely renaming sendmail.

We tried using a sendmail.cf from another system, no help.  Any ideas
about how to fix the mailer?

Bert.   {uunet, convex, attctc}!iex!bert