Error-correcting modems & uucp

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Sun Apr 8 05:42:15 AEST 1990

In article <21466 at nuchat.UUCP>, steve at nuchat.UUCP (Steve Nuchia) writes:

> Run with the speed locked at 19200 and NO flow control, unless it
> gives you problems with specific neighbors.  The uucp protocol

In my case, I need flow control since the machine is used for other
protocols besides UUCP (ie: zmodem, ymodem, sealink and various
others).  If someone only uses uucp - no flow control
might work for them - but these other protocols require flow control -
or let the modem "float" to the connect rate.
--
...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry  -or-  larry at nstar