HELP gdb for sun386i

Alain DURAND adr at quiche.cs.mcgill.ca
Tue Aug 28 05:29:46 AEST 1990

Hi

  I've a sun386i running sunos4.0.2 and use gcc1.37.1.
As i need a debugger, i planed to use dbx and dbxtool,
but they seems to be incompatible with gcc.

  So i looked for gdb in prep.ai.mit.edu .
I found gdb-1.35, but this release doesn't work for sun386i :( .
I eventually found some patches for the sun386i, i compiled them,
and get an error in init.c, illegal function.
As it was only function declarations, i put them into comments and recompile
the whole stuff. it worked. But the gcc i obtained doesn't work correctly,
i've a segmentation fault, core dump as soon as i read symbols...

  Has anyone port succesfully gdb on a sun386i ? Does anyone know where
to find a "clean" source or executable for gdb-3.5 for sun386i?
If someone anywhere has that, please E-mail me that stuff...
thanks in advance,

  alain Durand,
  adr at quiche.cs.mcgill.ca