news,rn,etc compile on esix ?

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Fri Aug 24 03:47:10 AEST 1990

>>I'm running ESIX, and C news, trn (a recent rn superset, I used to run rn, but
>
>A superset of rn??? My eyes deceive me, surely.

Nope, not at all.  It's based on "rn", but handles discussion threads
(the "t" in "trn").  It can show you a list of the discussion threads
(constructed using the Reference: lines and the Subject: lines) in a
group (rather than showing you all the *articles*), lets you select and
read a thread, and lets you walk up and down the thread's tree.

Some of us think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.