SCO Unix security features

Richard Foulk richard at pegasus.com
Mon Aug 20 07:45:00 AEST 1990

>Not my idea, unfortunately.  The machine in question is an Altos 5000; it runs
>SCO Unix, but *not* the stock version:  it has drivers for MultiDrop and Altos'
>serial port concentrators (based on past experience with Altos, they should be
>far more reliable than the norm for PC-class machines), the High Performance
>File Processor (optional attachment), built-in Ethernet controller and SCSI
>controller, etc.  I *wish* I could just pick up 386/ix for it!

I sounds like the Altos hardware has enough strikes against it to condemn
its selection, just like SCO Unix on the software side.

Remember, popularity is important when selecting hardware and software.
Isn't that why most of us here have selected the 386-ATbus platform?  It
keeps the cost down and the alternatives up.

Richard Foulk		richard at pegasus.com