Does Microport offer Updates to its users?

Richard Ducoty rduc at uport.UUCP
Fri Aug 31 00:22:38 AEST 1990

>Well, sorta.  Microport is offering the straight poop developers systems
>with *no* enhancements from AT&T.  It's just like some other Intel Unix
>vendors 4.0's right now.  The package release is designed to give 4.0 Unix
>to those that absolutely, positively hafta have it now.  Joe User, like
>myself, would not be pleased with this bare bones release.
==================

I think Microport is the only company that will ship to a 'new' customer
now.  Some just sell to established beta sites. I think many unix users
would like v4 as it stands now, plus you get the final cut for free when
it's released.

>> But what Microport *hasn't* done is to contact owners of 3.0e and offer
>> an inexpensive upgrade to 4.0 (or even to 3.2!).  Basically, they've
>> just ignored us.
=====================

You're not being ignored by any means.  We think about you every day.
There might be an upgrade path to 4 in the coming months, but we can't
make any promises right now.

>As I said, there will be no 3.2 from Microport.  Now they are projecting
>the normal 4.0 full featured release sometime in the late fall.  I already
>placed my order today.  (its about time :-)

Where did you hear that there will be no 3.2 from Microport??  You're going
to like v4

Richard Ducoty
--
Richard Ducoty                                          Microport
uunet!{amdahl,amdcad}!netcom!uport!rduc                 Scotts Valley, CA