Problem with 60 Mb Streamer under interactive

mcl at guug.guug.de mcl at guug.guug.de
Sun Aug 12 20:09:36 AEST 1990

Hi everybody.
I don't know whether this is the right newsgroup to post this to
(so please forward, or repost it where it would be right or just tell me)

We are having trouble with an 1/4" 60 MB calipher streamer drive on an
standard PC runnig interactive IX.
The drive is connected to an everex controller (830 / 833)
We are using /dev/wt as device driver.

The trouble we are having is:
We can't read any foreign (ie. not on our machine produced) tapes.
We can tar and untar locally and on my sun I can untar the stuff which was
tared on the Unix PC. But the other way round does not work.

Any hints, help, suggestions or anything else would be welcome.
(Do I have to think of blocking factors or am I overlooking something
completely)

Thanks Clemens

mcl at guug.guug.de mcl at guug.uucp
Clemens Martin  Hochstr 19   D-8000 Munich 80  W-Germany +49 89 48 11 62