Problems with Bison 1.11 + GCC 1.37.1 (GAS/DBX/COFF) on ISC2.2 386

emeyer at porky.eliabel.sf.ca.us emeyer at porky.eliabel.sf.ca.us
Mon Aug 6 14:36:35 AEST 1990

I have installed GCC 1.37.1 + GAS 1.36 on my ISC 2.2 with a 386.
I use the gnu Coff patches.

When I compile Bison 1.11 with GCC, it cores dumps on a large
grammar on initialize_LA() returning from the mallocate call. (NEW2 macro).
I have no idea why it does that... I suspect that there is
either something wrong with the i386.md that appears only with bison,
or there is a small problems in the COFF handling, since it does that
even without debugging turned on.

I am unable to reduce the problem to something smaller... sorry.

Optimization flags do not help, nor does manipulating the library orders,
nor does using the static or the shared libraries.

Did anyone find a similar problem, either within Bison or within GCC/GAS?
Does anyone know of problems with the i386 port, specially to UNIX 5.3 COFF ?

By, the way I was able to get GDB running on ISC after making some patches...
It is great!

Eric Meyer
ELIABEL Corp.
emeyer at eliabel.sf.ca.us