SCO Unix Blank Compiler Error Messages

James Howard jrh at mustang.dell.com
Tue Aug 14 08:10:17 AEST 1990

In article <11 at raider.mfee.tn.us>, root at raider.mfee.tn.us (Bob Reineri) writes:
> I recently installed the SCO Unix 3.2.0 Development system on my Tandy 4000.
> There appears to be a problem with the cc compiler. Whenever it encounters an
> error, it prints out the error number, but no error text. For example:

these look like MSC error messages, I don't know how to turn on the full
text of the message though.  I've added the MSC descriptions below for those
that I have documented:

>          C2079:
	'identifier' is an undefined struct/union.
	The given identifier was declared as a structure or union type
	that had not been defined.

>          C2031:
	'identifier' : function cannot be struct/union member.
	The given function was declared to be a member of a structure or
	union.  To correct this error, use a pointer to the function instead.

>          C8088:
	I don't have info on this error.

> Is all I see.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on this at all ? I checked the perms on the files that
> contain the error messages. Can find no clues.....
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.

James Howard        Dell Computer Corp.        !'s:uunet!dell!mustang!jrh
(512) 343-3480      9505 Arboretum Blvd        @'s:jrh at mustang.dell.com
                    Austin, TX 78759-7299