Second SCSI Device on a TMC-860 using ISC V2.2

Alain PETIT small at quiche.cs.mcgill.ca
Wed Aug 8 03:46:26 AEST 1990

	Hi!  I'm trying to build a filesystem on a Second Device
	plugged on a TMC860 (Future Domain).  This device is a
	SyQuest 555 (44M Remouvable) and he is selected to device 1.

What I try:

	He is usable, because I try him under DOS.  I can access it
	via /dev/rdsk/1p0 but not via .../1s0.  I try to make a
	<filesystem> using 'mkfs /dev/dsk/1p0 86200 1 500' (like it was
	before using V2.0.2 and a WD7000-FASST2) after that I try to
	mount this <fs> but I received a "mount: /dev/dsk/1p0 no such
	device".  Nota: fstyp report a S51K on /dev/dsk/1p0!  So, I
	peek all over the new doc of V2.2 and found 3 pages of somes
	infos about this Driver, I try some test using <minors> that
	matches my setup, but, still, nothing work!  I didn't find
	anything about how this Driver code the Devices found in the
	scan (When the unix boot!) of Device on the SCSI system...

What I think:

	I have a urge to take a bit in that card! ;-}

	I need informations about how the Device code (in minor and
	major) those SCSI Devices.  Or any hints...  I will try to
	figure that out by reading all those articles about <3 SCSI
	Disks>...

So:

	Any pointers...  Please don't bit-bucket it!  Thanks!