news,rn,etc compile on esix ?

Jon Gefaell jon at savant.uucp
Sat Aug 18 05:18:03 AEST 1990

In article <2075 at sud509.ed.ray.com> heiser at sud509.ed.ray.com (Bill Heiser - Unix Sys Admin) writes:

>Will "news", rn, etc. compile and run properly under Esix
>on a 386/25?

I'm running ESIX, and C news, trn (a recent rn superset, I used to run rn, but
switched to this), less, kermit, Zmodem, elm, ad nauseum. There _are_ things
you often have to change around (minor) and mostly things work like they do
for Interactive. I'm also running FAS Async Drivers, a Polled LP driver (so's
I could free up IRQ's for the ARChive tape drive and mouse, and WD8003E Ether
net adapter...) It's great stuff...

BUT, I'm kinda dumb, and don't have mail working right, so I couldn't answer
privately in e-mail, net.bandwidths godz please be kind :)

--
+----------- Domain? DOMAIN? We Don't Need No Steeeenkin' Domain! -----------+
|I wish I had something interesting to put in my .signature file, but I don't|