Adaptex ?? scsicntl??

Stuart Lynne sl at van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca
Tue Aug 28 11:11:17 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug27.132512.26869 at pegasus.com> richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:

>>Does anyone have any idea what the status of Roy Neese and adaptex is?
>>

>Judging from his terse message a few weeks back about adaptex going off
>the net, and the fact that you can't reach him there by phone, it looks
>like bad things of some sort are happening or have happened at Adaptec.

Well there are rumours and there are rumours. But Roy is apparently still
working for Adaptec and adaptex is supposed to be back online next week. So
I guess we can all breath a sigh of relief and hold off returning all of our
Adaptec hardware at least until then :-)

Whatever you do, don't under any circumstances phone the California tech
support number unless you like getting a recorded announcement telling you
to contact your distributor, or if he can't help you to pass his name and
number to them so they can educate him. Thanks but no thanks!

Perhaps some friendly system vendors could help Roy get a system to use at
home that's not subject to politics.

When are vendors going to realize that appropriate support articles on the
network keep large numbers of people happy and buying their products.

--
Stuart.Lynne at wimsey.bc.ca ubc-cs!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice)