SCO CONNECT FAST/UUCP

Wain Dobson wain at seac.UUCP
Thu Aug 9 04:44:03 AEST 1990

In article <5669 at seac.UUCP>, wain at seac.UUCP (Wain Dobson) writes:
= What's up with this port. Suddenly, like, today, about 5PM, my
= system can't get by the login. Bellow is the output from
= uutry --- the important information is at the end of the script.
= (Boy, from here, things like this sure can get expensive.)
=
= wait for connect - timeout 243
= MODEM returned <<^J^M^JRRING^M>>-OK
= got RRING
= MODEM returned <<^J^M^JRRING^M>>-OK
= got RRING
= MODEM returned <<^J^M^JCONNECT FAST/UUCP^M>>-OK
= got CONNECT FAST/UUCP
= Forked 11204 Wait got 11204 Status 0
= getto ret 5
= sendthem (^M)
= expect: (gin:)
= ^Jtimed out
= sendthem (^M)
= expect: (gin:)
= timed out
= sendthem (^M)
= expect: (gin:)
= timed out
= close caller (5)
= delock(tty2A)
= Call Failed: LOGIN FAILED
= exit code 101
= Conversation Complete: Status FAILED
=
= TM_cnt: 0

Since my system got in about 3PM PST, I presume that sco was
was on overload up until about then. And, from this, I presume
that this particular machine at sco could not respond fast enough
to deal with the login when the load is high.

--
Wain Dobson, Vancouver, B.C.
	...!{uunet,ubc-cs}!van-bc!seac!wain