SCO Unix 3.2 version 2.0 upgrade?

Roger Knopf 5502 rogerk at sco.COM
Thu Aug 2 12:35:22 AEST 1990

In article <M1JJH00.90Jul24134608 at msuws2.fed.frb.gov> m1jjh00 at fed.frb.gov (Jeffrey J. Hallman) writes:
>In the latest issue of PC Week I see a blurb saying that SCO is now
>shipping a new version of its Unix,  SCO SV/386 3.2 version 2.0, which
>"runs faster, supports extended memory and" easier security mgmt.
>My question:  what does this mean?  Extended memory for UNIX?  Isn't
>extended memory a DOS concept?

This is not the same as the DOS stuff. What this means is that,
for machines that will handle it, SCO Unix 3.2 v2 will see and
use memory in excess of 16MB.

--
Roger Knopf                                      <standard disclaimer applies>
SCO Consulting Services			  "The True Believers will...formulate