ODT and Excelan network card

Devon Tuck tuck at iris.ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 7 04:35:06 AEST 1990

Has anyone out ther gotten TCP/IP within SCO ODT or SCO UNIX 3.2 working with
the EXOS 205T, or other Excelan cards?

We have an "intelligent" ethernet card which we purchased because we
believed it was state-of-the-art, and now it seems to be useless with ODT,
since there are only two drivers supplied by SCO, one for an old 3com
board, and another for a western digital board.  I was under the impression
that these cards are both "dumb" cards, and barely have 8k of internal
buffering on the card, whereas the EXOS has 256k.  I understand that Excelan
could supply their own version of TCP/IP, and their own driver, but I don't
see any sign of this yet.

Does everybody in the world except me run ODT/SCO unix 3.2 with a WD or
3COM board?

Help..?
	Devon Tuck
	tuck.iris.ucdavis.edu