ISC 2.2 and SCO Professional seem incompatible

Randy Davis root at ninja.dell.com
Thu Aug 16 00:04:17 AEST 1990

In article <LARRY.90Aug14151705 at focsys.uucp> larry at focsys.uucp (Larry Williamson) writes:
[.(isc 2.2)...]
|SCO's Professional is not cooperating.
|
|Procalc is okay, it is the pro manager that is not working. When I
|start "pro", the process rapidly consumes all of the available memory,
|growing to consume all of the swap space too.
|
|The version is 2.0.0.
|
|Has anyone had any trouble with this package?

  Yep.  Try changing your TERM variable to something like "ansi".  TERM=at386
seems to cause the swap space problem.

  Don't ask me *why*, I just noticed it a while back when performing software
compatibility testing of our version of UNIX (Dell UNIX 1.1, an enhanced UNIX
based on ISC's) with some new machines.

Randy Davis					UUCP: rjd at ninja.dell.com