Using DC6250's in an archive 2150S/E

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM
Fri Aug 3 10:35:14 AEST 1990

In article <tim.649609612 at holly> tim at delluk.uucp (Tim Wright) writes:
>On rewind, the old drive will bomb with an error if it finds it has been
>rewinding for > 700'.  This of course does not really affect Unix. It blows
>SYTOS out of the water, unfortuneatly.

Yeah...well, these are the guys who ship XENIX drivers which hang the
entire system for the duration of a tape rewind.  Whose ioctl's are totally
incompatible with what everybody else in the world uses.  Who wouldn't
provide the information on the ioctl's to do a rewind or reten, even under
nondisclosure.  (It took less time to crank up adb to get my answers than
claw my way up the management chain.)  I was very glad when SCO started
providing native support for the Tecmar QIC-02.

Oh yeah...the Sytos backup software was bundled free with the drivers.
That's still overpriced.  But boy...it sure had pretty menus.

--
Chip Rosenthal                            |  You aren't some icon carved out
chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM                  |  of soap, sent down here to clean