SCO Unix Blank Compiler Error Messages

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Tue Aug 21 13:56:09 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug16.215542.2958 at tijc02.uucp> djm408 at tijc02.uucp (David Marks) writes:
>We had the same problem until we contacted SCO about it: It appears that the
>installation procedure screwed up when installing the compiler error files.
>Move /lib/*err to /lib/386 and you'll be in error message heaven!

*No*!  That will give you the '286 error messages, and, yes, there are some
differences.

The correct thing to do is to install, from the Xenix Cross Dev,
/lib/386/c1.err and /lib/386/c23.err (you can select these files).

--
Sean Eric Fagan  | "let's face it, finding yourself dead is one
seanf at sco.COM    |   of life's more difficult moments."