Problems with hanging diskdrive in ISC 2.2

Carsten Tschach oscar at eismond.uucp
Wed Aug 15 21:32:46 AEST 1990

Hello,

have you ever try to write some stuff with 'dd' to a not formated disk ?
I did so - I got a lot of messages on the screen with seek-errors !
But then I wasn't able to kill the job ! I tried it from root with kill -9 xx
and kill -7 xxx, but nothing happens.
Even if I removed the not formated disk and insert a formated one nothing
changed.
The only thing I could do to stop the was to shutdown the system.
This causes me a filesystem-check because dd ist in /usr/bin.
Does anyone have a solution for this problem ?

Thanks, Carsten

P.S. If you want to mail me, use my Internet-Adress only !
--
     "Suddenly there comes a blinding flash....and then comes OSCAR !"

 INTERNET: tschach at kristall.chemie.fu-berlin.dbp.de
     UUCP: oscar at eismond.uucp    ...!unido!tmpmbx!einoed!eismond!oscar