2 hardrives of different interfaces allowed to coexist?

Larry Campbell campbell at redsox.bsw.com
Wed Aug 29 03:13:36 AEST 1990

In article <1106 at upvax.UUCP> stevewa at upvax.UUCP (Steve Ward) writes:
-
-Is there anyone out there who has two controllers (SCSI doesn't count!)
-running in the same box happily???

I have a WD1007A and a WD1007V (both ESDI) running in the same box -- the
box I'm typing on right now.  It works fine.  I'm running ISC 386/ix
V2.0.2.  I did not have to disable the floppy part of the second controller,
either -- I just set its I/O ports to the secondary addresses.  (I have not,
however, hooked a floppy driver up to it to see if it would actually work.)

The only annoyance about this is that the WD1007A *must* be the boot
controller, since you can't change its IRQ line, and ISC insists that
controller 0 be on IRQ14 and controller 1 on IRQ 15.
--
Larry Campbell                          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
campbell at redsox.bsw.com                 120 Fulton Street