Help configuring Sendmail to route unknown addresses

Dave Lee dave at dptechno.uucp
Wed Aug 15 09:38:24 AEST 1990

I want to configure sendmail to send all user at system mail to a
routing site via uucp for all systems that are not know to be
direct uucp or tcp connections.

For example I want
	joe at some.system.somewhere
to send via uucp
	uunet!joe at some.system.somewhere

HOWEVER, the current sendmail file parses the above as
	(uunet!joe)@some.system.somewhere

Instead of
	uunet!(joe at some.system.somewhere)

So, I guess this is actuall 2 problems.

1)	cause sendmail to forward via uucp any unknown addresss.

2)	convert precedence from    @! to !@

I have seen several responses that claim to answer #1 with
	"just change a few lines in sendmail.cf"
but WHICH LINES ???

I can live without #2 if I can get #1 to work.

Yes I am looking at smail, but I'd prefer a sendmail alternative.

I have RTFM'd to death, but I dont get it.

System:   	ISC 2.0.2

Post or Email
Thank you.  I hope this is an OK newsgroup for this question

--
Dave Lee
uunet!dptechno!dave