External login config question

Vidiot brown at vidiot.UUCP
Sat Aug 18 15:25:11 AEST 1990

I now have a user set up on my system who calls into the system.  The vi and
rn problems didn't display correctly.  I had him set the TERM to vt100, but
that only fixed vi.  The rn program still displays garbage on his screen.  The
news text is mixed in with the garbage.

What other environment parameters also need to be changed for outside users?
The shell being used is csh.  If this was BSD, I wouldn't have a problem,
but since it is ISC 2.0.2, I do.  Of course telling me to RTFM won't work,
since I couldn't find anything in the manuals about setting up environments
for various types of users.  That is what I hate about Unix manuals.  They
seem to be written for those users who already know everything about Unix.

I also don't remember what terminfo stuff was installed when I initially
installed this Unix.  Where do I look to see if I even have the stuff
necessary for these external users?  I would suspect that vi wouldn't work
if I didn't have vt100 terminfo stuff installed.

Please send e-mail.

Thanks
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\        spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown