funny console mode ESIX

Bill Heiser - Unix Sys Admin heiser at sud509.ed.ray.com
Fri Aug 24 21:18:45 AEST 1990

This may actually be more of a Unix question than an i386 question,
but the only place I've seen it happen is on my Esix system, so I'll
ask this here.  The console on my Esix system sometimes gets into a
funny state, particularly after using 'pcomm'.  It is in a state
where when you hit RETURN, you don't get a linefeed.  Text displays
but each line gets overlaid by the next (no scrolling).  I played
with the stty settings to no avail.  The one thing I found to
clear it is to start Xwindows, then exit -- and it's back to normal.

Anyone have any ideas on this little problem?

bill

--
Bill Heiser
	Work:   heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com
		{decuac,necntc,uunet}!rayssd!tdw201!heiser
	Home:   Bill.Heiser at f240.n322.z1.fidonet.org (Fidonet 1:322/240)
		The Think_Tank BBS (508)655-3848  1200/2400/9600-HST
	Other:  75106.2332 at compuserve.com
	Other:	heiser at world.std.com     (Public Access Unix)