Wanted: ksh for 386/ix

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Thu Aug 23 23:52:55 AEST 1990

In article <70400019 at m.cs.uiuc.edu> carroll at m.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
| /* Written  2:14 pm  Aug 22, 1990 by joe at retina.anatomy.upenn.edu in m.cs.uiuc.edu:comp.unix.i386 */
|   Where can I find (or buy) a ksh that will run under ISC 386/ix 2.0.2?
| The standard AT&T ksh-88 (d) compiles and runs under ISC 2.0.2. You can
| probably get a copy from AT&T.

   You can, for $2000. That may be a bit steep for some people, and
perhaps a binary would suffice. I think someone was selling such for
about $200 in _UNIX World_.

  The AT&T versions doesn't work well on SCO UNIX. As a matter of fact
the only way it works at all is to boot /bin/sh and then run (not exec)
ksh. "This will be fixed in a future version which will include ksh."
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX