Choosing a 386 unix

Rauhauser Neal Robert pixel at du248-08.cc.iastate.edu
Tue Aug 21 14:05:59 AEST 1990

    I need to select a 386 unix for a system we're installing.
I require the following features:

	1. DOS as a task with no flaky behavior, the
	   user will be a secretary/book keeper
	   without a lick of sense.

	2. a Foxbase development kit availible for the OS,
	   we have a DOS Foxbase app we need to port.

	3. the ability to have up to eight users calling
	   in via UUCP to download one file of ~80k.
	   The UUCP activities can't disturb the
	   console user (much).

   I currently have information directly from SCO. I would like
opinions on other forms of 386 unix and would especially like
the name of a reputable dealer for this sort of software. The
machine this will be running on is an 8 meg 386/25 with an
intelligent serial port controller and a caching ESDI drive.

    Any comments will be appreciated,

		Neal