Menu-oriented File Manager Shell for UNIX?

Leonard Peirce peirce at gumby.cc.wmich.edu
Fri Aug 24 23:12:49 AEST 1990

In article <846 at iiasa.UUCP> wnp at iiasa.UUCP (wolf paul) writes:
>Some of our users would like to be able to use UNIX via a menu-based
>File Manager shell, such as are very common in the MS-DOS world.
>
>Is there such a beast, preferably for free?
>
>Preferably in source, since it should run on System V/386, SunOS, as
>well as Ultrix.

I wrote a program called "maint" that does pretty much what you want and
sent it to Rich $alz in early June so that it could be posted in
comp.sources.unix but I haven't seen it yet.  Or did I miss something?

maint works on Ultrix, SunOS and System V.  I'm still looking for someone
to port it to Xenix.
Leonard Peirce                  Internet:  peirce at gumby.cc.wmich.edu
Western Michigan University                peirce at gw.wmich.edu
Academic Computing Services     UUCP:      ...!uunet!sharkey!wmichgw!peirce
Kalamazoo, MI  49008            Phone:     (616) 387-5469