Adaptec 1542B under ESIX?

rick at tmiuv0.uucp rick at tmiuv0.uucp
Tue Aug 14 02:44:45 AEST 1990

In article <2074 at sud509.ed.ray.com>, heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com writes:
> Is anyone out there using an Adaptec 1542B with ESIX?  One person reported
> using a 1542A, but I'd like to find out about the 1542B ...

I'm one of the 1542A users.  Works fine, lasts a long time.  Even with yuckky
Seagate ST-296N drives.  It does zing! on my Wangtek 5150S tape drive, though.

I seem to recall ESIX saying the 1542B works with ESIX, but I won't swear to
it.
[- O] Rick Stevens
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355 at compuserve.com from Internet)

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction."