ISC2.02. dossette cant read vpix formatted drives?

Bruce M Ong DeadHead at cup.portal.com
Thu Aug 16 09:36:40 AEST 1990

I have been trying to get dossette to read a vpix formated disk and
it keeps on saying the diskette is not a dos format diskette! As a matter
of fact, it cant even read a real dos-formatted diskette unless the
diskette is formated by the dossette format utility...

the logistics:

1.44 3 1/2" drive. It's trying to read a 720 diskette. The dossette manual
page says it could do this ... but I havent seen it done...

also, everytime I run a dos command from unix via vpix - i.e.

$ vpix dir a:

it will go off and do it but will prompt me with this annoying prompt:

[press return to coninue]

I am calling this from a c program ... so how can I get rid of that prompt?

---thanks --
bruce
deadhead at cup.portal.com