Perstor Controller & Intel 386 Unix?

HIM tron1 at tronsbox.xei.com
Fri Aug 10 12:03:42 AEST 1990

>Item:1953  About: Perstor Controller & Intel 386 Unix?
>Date: Tue Aug  7 07:38:23 1990
>named PERSTOR which claims to essentially double the amount of
>information that can be stored on most standard disks. From what I can
>gather from their flyer, they provide a controller which uses a special
>encoding scheme and a replacement BIOS for the computer that understands
>the mapping between standard disk types and their encoding.  They claim
>to be Sco Xenix, Interactive Unix, and OS/2 compatible.

Ok.. well, here's what I can tell you.

   Go for it.

I am (as they told me at Perstore) the first person to have run one of them
undert a Un*x variant (ISC) and they didn't have a clue then but offered to
refund me if it didn't work.

Give it a shot -- it is a sweet card.

========[ Xanadu Enterprises Inc. Amiga & Unix Software Development]========
=      "And in the darkened offices, the terminals shine like stars."      =
============= Ken Jamieson: uunet!tronsbox.xei.com!tron1  ==================
= NONE of the opinions represented here are endorsed by either             =
= Xanadu Enterpises or its clients, AT&T Bell Labs or others.              =
==== The Romantic Encounters BBS 201-759-8450(PEP) / 201-759-8568(2400) ====