G++ binaries for SCO UNIX

Larry A. Shields {runs Lunapark} las at frith.msu.edu
Wed Aug 1 21:12:32 AEST 1990

I'am looking for g++ binaries that will work on SCO-UNIX.  The binaries
on sequent.kent.edu immediately abort with "bad argument to a system
call" -- these ae ESIX binaries, the binaries on titan.rice.edu compile
the source fine, "hello, world" example from Stroustrup, but the
resultant a.out file crashes with "bus error, ..." -- 386ix binaries.
G++ complies the K&R "hello, world" and that runs just fine.  Does
something in SCO not like something in <stream.h>?  Just to make things
more interesting the gcc binaries from sequent.kent.edu run just fine?

Can anyone point to some g++ binaries that work with SCO or offer a
solution that will make the ones I have work?  I would be grateful for
any help.

==larry

--
LARRY SHIELDS                        USENET: ...!frith!lunapark!larry
P.O. Box 6159                        BIX:  lshields