Comm programs for Unix

heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com
Mon Aug 27 22:19:33 AEST 1990

Hi all,

What do you all use as a comm program in Unix (Esix)?  I've
been using pcomm for the past week or so, but am getting pretty
fed up with the problems it has.  It frequently goes into
"funny character mode" whenever line noise is encountered, doesn't
always dial the modem properly, and leaves the terminal in a funny
state on exit.

I'm interested in hearing what programs you'all use, and where
they can be found (I don't have ftp access, but can do archive-
server requests and/or login&download (HST)).

Thanks!
bill

--
Bill Heiser
	Work:   heiser at tdw201.ed.ray.com
		{decuac,necntc,uunet}!rayssd!tdw201!heiser
	Home:   Bill.Heiser at f240.n322.z1.fidonet.org (Fidonet 1:322/240)
		The Think_Tank BBS (508)655-3848  1200/2400/9600-HST
	Other:  75106.2332 at compuserve.com
	Other:	heiser at world.std.com     (Public Access Unix)