System VR4/i386 - when ?

Richard Foulk richard at pegasus.com
Tue Aug 14 23:30:38 AEST 1990

In article <326 at uport.UUCP> lee at uport.UUCP (Lee Crocker) writes:
>Microport has shipped a developer's release of Unix SVR4 for $2500.
>Call 800-FOR-UNIX for information.  Yes, this is an advertisement--
>but the question was asked, and I kept it short.

You really don't have to be that cautious about it.  Since information
exchange is what this network is all about; if you provide information
without a lot of hype (and not too often) it will usually be appreciated.

I wouldn't touch SCO Unix with a ten foot pole, but I support their
informational postings here because it sets an example I'd like to see
other vendors follow.  So please don't be so timid guys.  No hype, but
real unvarnished information is very welcome.

So if you've got any details you could report I'm sure there is interest,
like what does $2500 buy you?  And why aren't man pages included?  :-)

I don't see why vendors don't post things like their compatibility
lists, etc., occasionally.  (SCO's recent bug list was long, but very
appropriate; it's surprising that no one else has the good sense to
follow suite.)  I'm not trying to encourage a free-for-all, just trying
to get the people with the info to contribute a little more.

Richard Foulk		richard at pegasus.com