Looking for OLWM for 386ix

Pim Zandbergen pim at cti-software.nl
Fri Aug 17 01:56:11 AEST 1990

pja at ralph.Lafayette.LA.US (Pete Alleman) writes:

>I'm looking for the compiled binary for the Open Look Window Manager
>for 386ix running X11r3.  Has anyone else been interested enough
>in Open Look to compile it on his toy computer?

I have ported OLWM from the X11R4 tape to ISC 386ix 2.02
using Thomas Roell's X11R4 server.

It was fairly easy; only a few #includes had to be changed
and I had to provide a workaround for usleep() and wait3().

Although OLWM looks quite sexy, I went back to TWM
after having had too many core dumps from OLWM
dropping me out of X.

I guess I'm too lazy to start debugging. Instead, I'll
try OLWM from the XView 2.0 sources.
Pim Zandbergen                            domain : pim at cti-software.nl
CTI Software BV                           uucp   : uunet!mcsun!hp4nl!ctisbv!pim
Laan Copes van Cattenburch 70             phone  : +31 70 3542302
2585 GD The Hague, The Netherlands        fax    : +31 70 3512837