386/ix VP/ix problems (Wp 5.1, file truncation)

Jim Chandler chandler at beagle.uucp
Fri Aug 24 08:56:17 AEST 1990

In article <831 at bain3.oz>, keith at bain3.oz (Keith Brinck) writes:
> 1. Installing Word Perfect 5.1 anywhere in the UNIX file system causes the
>    message "wp.fil not found" (or words to that effect) when attempting to
>    run it, despite the fact that wp.fil is correctly situated in the
>    current directory.  On the other hand, this message does not appear
>    (and WP works fine) if WP is installed either onto the native DOS
>    partition or onto C:.  My local ISC supplier says they contacted ISC in
>    the US whose response was "It works fine over here ..." - very satisfying.

In your autoexec.bat file include the line:

dosmount d:/usr/bin/wp51 (or wherever you want WP to go)

When you run vpix, the D: is the directory /usr/bin/wp51.  Now install WP 5.1
to the D: drive and the installation with put it in /usr/bin/wp51.  Now to
run WP just go to the D: drive and run it.  It works great!!

--
Jim Chandler
asuvax!xroads!beagle!chandler