ESIX+GATEWAY2000-20 Works

Jon McCown jdm1 at eds1.UUCP
Sat Aug 4 03:27:09 AEST 1990

Gateway 2000 386-20 systems, yes it seems to work.  At present the
system has a Seagate 4096 drive and 4MB of memory.  (I am using Xterm
to cu to my news system to write this).  Next mod is to upgrade to
some decent disk space!

One glitch that I do not understand, but will pass on:  The tunable
parameter DMAEXCL does significantly improve performance.  (wish i
knew more accurately how to set the parms, but the sample on pg 5-32
is infinitely better than the distributed version)  CAUTION: the
rebuild after changing this hosed my X-Windows install.  DE-installing
X-win and TCP/IP and then RE-installing made it fly again.  I would
recommend doing the tune before installing much more than the basic
utils disk to avoid this possible glitch.

I have installed (and will soon test) the Rabbit Software X.25 gateway
on this system.  Install was painless, hope to make it all work.

- Jon McCown

--
             J.D. McCown - RCSG Director - Senate of Pennsylvania
psuvax1!eds1!jdm1    (this space intentionally     "Your lupins or your life!"