EISA Peripherals: Information Wanted!

Barton A. Fisk barton at holston.UUCP
Fri Aug 24 07:07:19 AEST 1990

In article <13 at tandon.UUCP> tom at tandon.UUCP (Tom Friel) writes:
>Sorry to post this to the entire world, but there are activities involving
>EISA bus peripherals going on everywhere.  I have yet to see any discussions
>on the net regarding EISA boards.  (Perhaps this means users don't yet
>care? :-)  ).

I care, we just bought a SystemPro and would love to see discussion on
EISA.

>In addition, I would like to know what SCO, Interactive, AT&T, Intel,
>Everex, and other Unix manufacturers are contemplating for EISA.  What I
>know to date is that SCO intends to offer add-in option diskettes to basic
>SCO Unix to enable >16MB memory addressing, and perhaps is working with
>some of the above vendors.

I do have drivers from SCO for the EISA drive array and the 525 MEG
tape unit.

Also, the release notes for 3.2.2 state that it supports 64M of main
memory.

I have not installed so can't say more, but will later.

Bart
--
uucp: holston!barton